Strategy and Proposition
- Has every member of your leadership team gone through the Venture Blueprint?
- Do you have a research process within your team to track and share key developments within the sector and your product?
- Is there a system of regular competitive review (primary and secondary) including using the product or service?
- Is there a scheduled time set to review and update the Venture Blueprint with the leadership team, at least once every quarter?
- Are the inputs from the competitive review incorporated into the Venture Blueprint in 24 hours?
- If you are asked 20 questions from one of the reviews (competitive, sectoral) that your own team creates, how many will you be able to answer correctly?
- Are the key positions that you need to recruit been identified AND the Job Description and KRA been created?
- Has a ticket been raised to the recruitment team for these positions AND is there a weekly tracking and review for these key positions?
- Is there a fixed time in your calendar for recruitment interviews [preferably Saturdays, Sundays or early morning/late evening on a weekday]?
- Is there a written KRA for every person who joins?
- Do you induct every key person—apart from the HR team’s induction—by sharing a presentation about your company?
- Are you meeting your leadership team at least once a month apart from organization-wide meetings?
- Are the open house meetings for the entire company happening at least once-a-month?
- Do you respond within 24-48 hours to all reports (mentoring reports, exit interview) sent by the People Development team?
Product & Technology
- Do you know the specific product road-map milestones for the next 3 and 6 months?
- Are you part of the monthly product review?
- Do you have a monthly meeting with the product and technology team to take them through the business imperatives?
- Are you aware of deviations, if any, for the product roll-out? Have you formally alerted the Product Heads, CPO and CTO with respect to these deviations?
- Do you use the key features of the product at least once a month?
- Have you interacted with key customers/clients at least once a month?
- Once a month, have you scheduled a fixed time and system to meet or speak to your users –those who are regularly using, those who have dropped off?
- Do you know how much are you spending every month? Do you have a clear idea of the current runway based on existing spends?
- Do you know how much you need to raise? At what valuation?
- Do you have the investment tools ready? [Investor Presentation, Investor Note, FAQs, Financial MIS…]
- Do you have a list of investors that you want to target?
- Is a monthly Venture Milestone meeting happening?
- Do you have a Monthly Review with the Head of each team within your company?
- Does each member know their specific role and their goals? [These goals should be SMART—Specific, Measurable, Assigned, Relevant and Time-Bound]
- Will the member be able to state their goals if asked at any time?
- Have the monthly reports to all stakeholders been sent? [Investors, Partners, Employees, Clients…]
- Have the specific performance metrics (applicable to specific functions) for each role/function been created and the methodology for evaluating these metrics shared with the key people?
- Once in a month, do you check the sheet provided by InnerHeads related to attendance report, punctuality and travel expenses? Do you then speak to the relevant people showing unacceptable deviations and writing a formal ‘Caution’ mail to them?
- Did you meet with people who did not display the right cultural markers?
- Did you meet with 1/3rd of your team members one-on-one in the month?
- Did a team outing happen in the quarter?
Business Development [Clients, Alliances, Partnership]
- Do you have a clear sense of your pipeline? Have you taken any specific initiatives to grow this pipeline? Can you state at least 2 of these initiatives?
- Do you have all the Sales Tools (presentations, document templates, mailers) required to work smoothly through the sales lifecycle?
- Do you have a daily, weekly, monthly system to track the business development metrics?
- Is there a proposition note ready for each type of alliance/business development effort?
- Are set days defined for travel for alliance/business development?
- Is there a master sheet/CRM where the alliance list, their status, owner, next steps, and other details are captured?
- Have you ensured that all the contacts of the people you have met is incorporated into the Company Insightly Database?
- Does a central repository exist for all documents and agreements?
- Can you state and describe the specific metrics used to evaluate the performance of companies in your sector?
- Do you know your own company’s performance on these metrics?
- Do you know the monthly and quarterly growth on these key metrics?
- Can you outline the Top 5 cost-heads and the expense under that? Can you state the average expenses for the last three months under these heads?
- Can you identify 3 specific areas where costs can be reduced?
- Do you review the common cost sheet—prepared by InnerHeads—every month? Can you state the top cost heads in THIS category of allocated expenses?